Monday, November 17, 2014

25 Days of Christmas Tags


Hello friends! The Reverse Confetti Crew is playing along today with Tracey McNeely and her awesome 25 Days of Christmas Tags blog series. If you love tags, this is a must-follow series!



During the 25 days, there are lots of chances to win prizes. The main Day One prize has five opportunities for you to enter. All subsequent days have one opportunity each. Visit all the guest designers and comment on their blog posts for yet another chance. Deadline to enter is November 27, 11:59 pm EST. Entry guidelines are posted HERE.


I have a confession: I've never, ever, ever before today made a shaker card, not even back when I first started stamping and shaker cards were "the thing." So for today's tag, I fixed that! 

I decided to make my shaker tag see-through, so all that sparkly stuff is sandwiched between two acetate windows. The window was done using Reverse Confetti's LOVE NOTE and CLASS ACT Confetti Cuts die sets. I filled the shaker with a DIAGONAL STRIPE PRETTY PANELS Confetti Cuts die-cut, a sentiment from TINSEL 'N TRIM stamped onto a chevron that I die-cut with the TRIPLE CHEVIES Confetti Cuts die and of course, lots of red, white, green, and silver sequins, as well as a sprinkle of silver glass glitter. 


I needed to add some kind of tag topper, so before I adhered the woodgrain frame to its corresponding acetate panel, I die-cut a green label using the LABEL ME Confetti Cuts die, folded it in half, slipped it around the woodgrain frame, and topped it with a ribbon/button/twine accent. 











Thanks for stopping by!




REVERSE CONFETTI STAMPS: TINSEL 'N TRIM
REVERSE CONFETTI DIESDIAGONAL STRIPE PRETTY PANELSCLASS ACT
PAPER: designer paper scraps, stone and light green card stock
INK: Versafine Onyx Black
OTHER: acetate, sequins, silver glass glitter, foam tape, button, ribbon, twine

19 comments:

Janet's Joy said...

Love your fun shaker tag!!

Jean Bullock said...

You sure packed a lot of coolness into one little tag. I especially love the wood grain paper you used. I love wood grain. I never would have thought to use it for a tag. Well done.

Anonymous said...

The tag is darling. I'm still trying to perfect my shaker before I send it out to someone.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who's not gotten on the bandwagon.
thanks for sharing a great tag.

Lizzie T a/k/a Wifelady said...

Gorgeous tag!!! Love the shaker element and that woodgrain frame!!!!

Amy C. said...

Fabulous...two of my favorite things...tags and shakers!

Rubeena I. said...

such awesome tags!!!

Sue D said...

Great shaker tag and I like the woodgrain frame.

liz said...

That stamp is so cute!

Tracey McNeely said...

Amy a beautiful shaker tag, I love that it is a see through and way to tackle your first shaker. Thank you so much for joining my as my guest at the 25 Days of Christmas Tags! xoxo

cghundley said...

Great work on your
pretty shaker tag!
Love all the sequins.
Carla from Utah

Robyn Oliver said...

This is a super cool shaker tag, Amy - makes it so special

Susi said...

Such a gorgeous tag - I love the woodgrain frame you used!

Kristie Goulet said...

This is so fun, Amy! Love it!

Iris said...

Super cute shaker tag.
isoscia at aol dot com

Ruth G said...

So much Christmas goodness! The wood grain makes such an awesome frame and I love that the shaker is see-through! Super cool! TFS!

TracyM #6773 said...

WOW - ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS shaker tag Amy!!!
It is so hard to believe that this is your 1st ever one, it is SO COOL, especially with your double-acetate window filled with a DELIGHTFUL mix of sequins!!!
LOVE your wood grain frame and diagonal cut outs too ... LOVE IT ALL!!!
THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION and for giving me a push along to try my hand at a shaker too, will try one for my parents for Christmas :)

karenelr said...

I so adore everything about your shaker tag! The saying, the sparkles, the diagonal background, the colors--I just love it!

Chark said...

how fun! I haven't mastered the shaker card yet, but I love yours!

Oliwiaen said...

What a fun tag! I made two or three shaker cards, but they always seemed too complicated to me LOL Your tag looks awesome!