Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer Fresh Gift Card Tins



Hola, friends, I'm still around, just super busy with year-end activities and such. I haven't done a whole lot of crafting, but last week, I set aside a chunk of time to make some fun gift-card holders for my son's teachers. I used metal DVD tins and altered them with Simple Stories Summer Fresh papers and journaling elements. Shown above are the outsides of both tins. For each, I embellished with a pinwheel and cloud border. Both were made with The Cat's Pajamas CutUps dies (Pinwheels and Cloud Border). I personalized the tins with the teachers' names using stickers from my stash.

Next, the inside of the lids ...



For both, I started with a large 4x6 journaling element from the Summer Fresh collection. (One of the 12x12 sheets has six of these on the front and another six on the back. Lots to choose from!) I formatted the list of students who contributed to the group gift on my computer and then just ran the journaling block through my printer. Last, I added coordinating paper to fit the dimensions of the tin.

The inside of the tin is where I put the actual gift card. 




I used a few more TCP CutUps dies here. The Gift Card Envie CutUps held the actual gift cards. I cut those from Kraft and embellished with a tiny strip of striped paper and a daisy cut with the Flower Buttons CutUps. The tin on the left has some die-cut borders, Big Scallop and Queen of Hearts. The tin on the right has a Grass border.

Have a happy day, friends!


11 comments:

Annette Allen said...

what a fun fun idea...I love it...

Marisa said...

Teachers are gonna love getting these! They are adorable! Group gifts are definitely the way to go too :)

Jenny said...

Wowzers! I hope you don't mind, but I'm running downstairs to the Craft Cave to copy these to the exact!!!!!!!!! lol

Gemma said...

Wow they are just stunning! Hugs Gemma

Dawn Easton said...

Wow! So much detail on each! These are fantastic and I'm sure the teachers will love them!!! Thanks for the inspiration, Amy!

wendy said...

these are fabulous Amy...so adorable and perfect for a gift card

Conniecrafter said...

Such great papers, love the pin wheels and neat way to give gift cards, so pretty!

dpkennedy said...

These are wonderful! I love the papers and the pinwheels! Great idea for gift card holders for the teachers. My sons have two each, plus a bus driver each. I'd better get crackin...I only have a little more than a week!

Amy Rohl said...

Fabulous idea and super cute to boot, Amy! LOVE them!!

Alma de la Rosa said...

THUD!

Tina said...

Amy - I love how your tins came out. So creative. I am going to pin it. Awesome!