Thursday, June 14, 2012

DS56 - One Day at a Time



The day are just speeding past, and here we are at Thursday, which means a brand-new Deconstructed Sketch to play with. Do you look forward to these as much as I do? Here it is:


For my sample, I really wanted to start with one of Verve's new Plain Janes, so I picked out One Day. For papers, I reached for Echo Park's Note To Self 6x6 collection. There's something about the bold, graphic vibe of this collection that makes me practically giddy. I had to find a way to work in those adorable viewmasters, too!

The sentiment is stamped onto a Curvy Bookplate die cut and popped up over a Spellbinders Labels Fourteen shape. The orange accent flower was done with Verve's Loopy Blooms die set. The notebook edge on the blue ledger paper was done with My Favorite Things' Notebook Edge Die-namics die, and the gray scallop beneath that is a Cat's Pajamas Big Scallop CutUps. Along the bottom, I added some paper-pleated orange paper and adhered it with some Tim Holtz tiny staples.

For more sketch inspiration, please visit the Deconstructed Sketch Girls:



  • Amber Hight
  • Arielle Gordon
  • Donna Wardle 
  • Jen Shults 
  • Jessica Diedrich
  • Judy Rozema, Guest Designer
  • Kadie Ensley
  • Lori Boyd
  • Pam Varnell (off this week)
  • Sheri Gilson


  • When you're ready to play, link up your creation HERE on Jen's blog.


    Don't miss Verve's current sale -- it's a good one! ALL dies, plus their coordinating stamp sets, are on sale. Check it out, right HERE.

    Happy stamping!


    9 comments:

    Dawn Easton said...

    Fabulous details Amy! Love the sentiment, distressing, staples, flowers....the whole thing!

    Judy Rozema said...

    So many beautiful things to look at - I love the staples and the contrast in patterns. Just a neat card, Amy!

    Arielle H Gordon said...

    Gorgeous! LOL - we both used staples, too! Love all those papers.

    Teresa Zuehls said...

    Lovely take on the sketch and I love the vintage feel to your card.

    April said...

    Great card! I love the colors and the "view master" background paper!

    Oliwiaen said...

    Great colour combo, this would make a perfect "man" card, even the flower being so geometrical :-)

    Unknown said...

    Absolutely gorgeous as usual Amy! I love those papers..You always know what goes together perfectly!! Stunning stuff honey! Xx

    Maureen said...

    another yummy card!! I love that viewmaster paper too! Thanks for inspiring me to use it and not hoard it!! LOL

    Jen Shults said...

    This is stunning Amy! I love the papers you put together and your AMAZING distressing. Seriously gorgeous work!