Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Verve Holiday Diva Dare



Hello, sweet blog friends! I hope my fellow Americans enjoyed a blessed Thanksgiving last week!

Have you been following Verve's current Holiday Diva Dare challenge? If not, hop on over to the Verve blog to catch up. We're on Day Six already and today happens to be my lucky day to share how I answered the dare!

Our theme this month is A Handmade Christmas. The theme is pretty broad and can be interpreted in so many different ways...from a lovingly made card, to heartfelt gifts and homemade decorations! With the Holidays right around the corner, this will be the perfect time to get a jump start on your card and gift making! So ... will you take the DARE? Visit the Verve blog for details on TWO ways you could win a fabby Verve prize.


After quite a bit of productive playtime in my studio, I decided to answer the dare with this rustic tree ornament created with the tree die in Verve's new Winter Fun Die set. It's a fairly quick project to create. I started with a decorative oval chipboard frame, then layered on a Classy Label diecut, then an accordian-fold paper rosette, and then a stacked felt tree with a sentiment flag tucked behind (the sentiment from Verve's Glad Tidings set). At the bottom is a rusty jingle bell, and at the top are some vintage ivory buttons. For the tree, I die-cut three felt trees, stacked them and then stitched vertically through the middle. You could press open the seams for more of a 3D effect, if desired.

I'm planning to incorporate these into my gift packaging this year. Kraft bags and wrapping paper will be the perfect backdrop for the rustic look and feel of these ornaments.

Have a happy day!


12 comments:

Jen Shults said...

AMY!!!! This is absolutely gorgeous and I'm absolutely going to CASe this!. Just wow, speechless.

Alina said...

Wonderful ornament! I love it! It is absolutely gorgeous!

UHK Gallery said...

This is SO AMAZING Amy!!!!!!!
You are the best!

Maureen said...

Love these!! And what a great idea for using as gift wrap! Permission to CASE, please :) The little bell is just the sweet detail :)

dpkennedy said...

Wow! This is stunning! How pretty would these be on my tree! So many ideas, so little time. Make a dozen, would ya? Just gorgeous Amy!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is STUNNING!!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, what a great way to give a present and be package decorating at the same time! GREAT design!!!

Jodi Collins said...

This is AMAZING Amy!!! Gorgeous in every way!

patti west said...

Your ornament is so beautiful! I love it's rustic charm.

Vickie Z said...

WOW.... How wonderful!!! Definitely casing these...perfect for ornaments to put on pkgs. this year!!!

Radha said...

What?? Amy u created tis yumieness??? It is gorgeous, yum!! I had to look who created this... could not see it on the verve-BLOG:)) But Gosh I founf u!!! A powerful wish, no a peaceful wish!!! Love it may I make one for our tree? We are so in the mood:)) Happy Holidays!!

Oliwiaen said...

How cleverly made!! I love the vintage look!