Friday, November 18, 2011

Nuts About You


Thought I'd pop in and share a little treat that the staff at my children's elementary school are getting today from the PTO. I thought this adorable acorn idea that I found via Pinterest (thanks for pinning it, Laurie Schmidlin!) would work perfectly with Lil' Inker's equally adorable Acorn Die & Stamp Set.


I used mini nutter butters (found packaged in plastic cups at grocery and convenience stores) and Hershey Kisses to make the acorns. For the stems, I used a frosting bag and small round tip to squeeze out just a smidge of melted Wilton dark cocoa candy melts (available at craft stores). Mini chocolate chips (shown in the original idea) would work, too -- the candy melts were a bit more efficient for me. Hopefully you can kind of see the acorns in the above photo. I didn't think to photograph them before bagging them all up.


The tag dies are by Verve (Tabbed Rectangle for some and Sweet Scallop for the others). The acorn and sentiment flag dies are by Lil Inker Designs. The acorn bottom, cap, and (one) leaf are all part of the same die, so the fun part was cutting out a bunch and then mixing and matching colors and patterns. You know I would have stuck a button on there if I didn't have so many to make! Some combos turned out better than others, of course. Here are a few more:



And here's all 64, boxed up and ready to take over to the school!


Sorry I haven't had anything else to blog this week :)  Have a super weekend, my sweet, stampin' friends!


8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow these are super cute..

Donna Ellis said...

Amy, what a darling idea! Your goodies "look" to good to pass up - I can smell them right thru the internet LOL Your packaging is tooooo cute! Thank you for sharing a great idea. "I'm nuts about it", too.

Marisa said...

Absolutely LOVE these!!! Totally adorable tags and insides! I"m sure the teachers will love them :)

Shantaie said...

what a super cute treat, and tag! thanks for serving up such an adorable project!

dpkennedy said...

Oh how stinkin' cute! 64?! Busy you are! I love this acorn die...I just got mine and I have to make some before Thanksgiving! Cute!!

UHK Gallery said...

So funny :)
I am admiring for the amount

Hugs
UHK

Debbie Carriere said...

Amy, these are such a fantastic idea!! Love them. You did a fantastic job putting them together!!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

These are precious! I'm gonna have to try those acorn treats!!!!