I apologize I'm so late making good on yesterday's promise to show another fun idea for JustRite's Friendship Blooms set. I feel like the whole day just vanished! Like yesterday's card, today's focuses on two patterned flower images in the Friendship blooms set. I was playing around with Crate Paper's new Emma's Shoppe collection and remembered some handmade flowers the Crate Paper girls were featuring on the CP blog a little while back. Which inspired me to see if I could make something more dimensional with the JustRite flower images.
Here's a closer look at what I came up with:
And here's how I made them ...
1. Stamp two large flowers, one small flower, and one center. Trim them out.
2. Using a scoring tool (I used my Scor-Pal), score the two larger flowers as shown (I flipped one over so you could see the scoring better). Fold each score line and crease with a bone folder.
3. Cut out one petal from each flower.
4. Add adhesive to the back of one petal as shown. (Do this for both flowers).
5. Hold both petals together with the notch facing up.
6. Rotate the top flower clockwise two petals so that the petal to the left of the notch is on top of the petal to the right of the notch on the bottom flower. Adhere top and bottom petal together.
7. Accordian-fold, beginning with the two petals you just glued together. (Starting with a valley fold hides the seam better.) Note: after the first double-petal, you'll be folding the bottom flower only at this point.
8. When you reach the end of the bottom flower (let's call it B), pull it in front of the top flower (we'll call this one A). Secure the last petal of flower B to the first petal of flower A.
9. Finish accordian-folding the rest of the flower.
10. I adhered the small flower using a stack of foam adhesive (I used four of Stampin' Up's dimensionals).
11. Top with a flower center and embellish (glitter, gems, buttons, etc.) as desired.
That's it! I'm thinking you could use these steps to turn any circular image into an accordian-fold rosette. And if you want more peaks and valleys, add a third flower.
Thanks so much for stopping by and for all of your sweet comments. Sometimes I wonder if there's any possible way all of you could know how much you mean to me! My sincerest heartfelt thanks!!
Stamps: Friendship Blooms and Just Ducky [sentiment] (JustRite)
Paper: Papertrey Rustic White, Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe designer paper
Ink: Ranger Barn Door Distress Ink, Papertrey Summer Sunrise, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Scor-Pal, foam tape, May Arts red jumbo ricrac ribbon, pinking shears, corner rounder, The Twinery twine, Stampin' Up branch die, Buttons Galore Tuxedo buttons, May Arts ivory burlap string
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"