Friday, December 3, 2010

Verve New Relase Spotlight: Text Objects


It's Day Two of Verve's new release spotlights. The new sets will be available in the store tonight immediately following our Release Party in the Verve Forum. Stop by the party and visit a while - anytime between 9 and 11 EST! You won't find a friendlier bunch of stamp enthusiasts!

Today we're featuring a fun, unique and highly versatile set called Text Objects. This set is filled with  a wide variety of large sentiments that are positively gorgeous on their own. Then there are images that compliment the quotes beautifully. And last, here's the unique part, there are also background stamps with teeny, tiny text that coordinates with the larger quote stamps.

For my peek card, I've created a scene using some of the Text Objects elements, along with the Wordy Birds pair from yesterday's peeks. I've stamped the green rolling hill with one of the text background stamps.



Then I've pulled in a larger sentiment stamp for the banner. The stamp comes as the full word "LOVE" in a beautiful, timeless, classy, all-cap font. I just stamped each letter individually in order to make the banner.

 
Be sure to see the rest of today's spotlights:

4. Tosh
11. Amy (you're here)
12. Teresa
13. Jackie
15. Mercy


A random commenter on one of the spotlight posts will receive Text Objects. Be sure to comment on each of the Divas' blogs for a better chance at winning!

Thanks so much for stopping by!



Stamp: Text Objects, Wordy Birds
Paper: Stampin' Up Baja Breeze card stock, Colorbok Woodhaven dp
Ink: Ranger Peeled Paint Distress Ink, Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Making Memories blue buttons, hemp cord, May Arts burlap string, Papertrey neutral button and eyelet lace border die, distressing tool, Li'l Inker Designs flag die, My Favorite Things Clouds Trio Die-namics die, foam adhesive

55 comments:

Michelle said...

I simply love EVERYTHING about this card.

Michelle

irishgalkelly said...

Oh what a cute, sweet card. I love the two sets together and your love banner! Awesome job!

Nicole Verkooijen said...

I LOVE your deatail works on this card and the lay out is so nice !!
LOVE IT !!!

Hugs Nicole

crschaf@knology.net said...

The banner is darling and love the hill with text-so pretty!

slbt17 said...

I think this is my favorite technique - and you executed it perfectly!
Sandra

Jess Willison said...

Love it! The details are amazing!

Susi said...

Amy, your cards are simply fantastic with all their lovely details. This one is wonderful!

Clare said...

I love your card! Those birds are just too cute, and your colors are wonderful!

Luanne said...

I totally love your card today! I love what you did with the button and twine on the bottom. It's extra special. Can't wait to see everything ~ tfs!

Detra said...

Great card. Love the banner. tfs.

Rhonda said...

Oh Amy!!! Fabulous!! Every detail. This goes in the inspiration file.

Mary Marsh said...

this is an awesome card amy-love the birds and the banners

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

WOWSA!! I love all of your little details.

Wanda Cullen said...

So unique and full of wonderful details...LOVE it!

Nicole said...

You've created such a fabulous scene! It's so hip right now, with the banner and the little cloud die. LOVE it!

Joanne Gilch said...

L. O. V. E. your banner and that twine is so cool how you connected it.

Tanya said...

Oh this is so cute! I love banners, just darling!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love all those little love birds!

Tina said...

Oh my! This is so cute. You did a great job with all the card elements.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is just ADORABLE!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What an amazing card! Love the birds sitting on your banner.

Michelle Woerner said...

WOW! Love this girlie. VERY clever with the whole twine/button thing. LOVE the banner!! Hugs,

Marisa said...

You are the master of incorporating things on a card, Amy! Love the banner with the birds on it, the DP cloud and how you did the twine. Fabulous as always :)

TannyP said...

What a super cute card. Love all the elements you've combined to make this beauty!

Jen Shults said...

This is so perfect. I love that you used so many cutouts on this... it's just gorgeous!

Ceal said...

OMGoodness I LOVE this card! super adorable and cuteness!

Connie C said...

Oh, I do so love this card! Wonderful use of papers and the way you combined stamps from both the Text and the Birds set makes me think I am going to have to have both sets. Maybe Santa will be kind this year. :-)

KanataNewf said...

So many things to love about this card!

Crafty Math Chick said...

Such a pretty card Amy. I like the yellow & blue color combination, the paper piecing of the birdies and how you created that cool hill with tearing and the text background stamps.

Shannan Teubner said...

SHUT UP. girl you amaze me. This is fabulous!

KathyMcD said...

What a GREAT combination of papers... your designs are always so inspiring! Thanks!

Cassie_lu said...

I really like how the text gives some depth to the ground on your card

Gretchen said...

cute little birdies! Love that fabulous banner too!

Sonja "Sony" Christoph said...

awww this is adorable Amy!!! LOVE that paper... and the little banner with the birdies just makes me smile :)

Rachel B said...

I love the banner and the fabulous circular border. So fun!

MelissaS said...

Oh, my! I just love this card. Those patterned birds make me smile :)

Heather said...

great card, so much detail! I've been enjoying the peeks for this set, but am definitely adding it to my NEED list since I saw the words "Winnie the Pooh" in your background text. Can't wait to see the whole thing.

Ravengirl said...

Wow, love your text-y hillside and how you stretched out the sentiment for your banner!

Janine said...

I love this card - so many things for your eye to wander to - where do the ideas come from?

Jackie Pedro said...

All I have to say is this: This is amazing.......

Sue D said...

What a fun card!

Cheryl said...

Cute! I love all the elements of this card!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

That banner is just darling! What a great card!

Marsha said...

How very cute. The banner is such a great idea.

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Amy! I love the little banner with the cute wordy birds!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy!!! I think I 'tinkled' a bit when I saw this one, OMG, it rocks girl!

cdrscraps said...

Those plaid clouds + the adorable banner + cute birds = FABULOUS!

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

I may have missed the official blog hop fun, but I have to leave a comment for this card. Your card is beyond cute!!! Such great details and that banner is adorable with the birds on top!

Conniecrafter said...

Awww to cute, love how they are perched on the banner!

Anonymous said...

Adorable banner with the birds just-a-sittin' there. Cute!!!
Jean McGee

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is so very sweet, Amy!

Becky G said...

Absolutely adorable! Love those birds and the banner! So cute!

Vera said...

lovely card :)
the buttons, the flags... everything!

greetings

vera

maria said...

Adorable card! super cute!

America said...

Super sweet, great details, again! :)