Sunday, August 30, 2009

Zoom Zoom ...

... there goes August! Whew, I know I'm not the only one feeling this way, but seriously, what happened to August??

My Favorite Things is gearing up for its September release on Wednesday evening at 10 pm EST. Teasers have begun showing up on DT blogs, including here, yesterday. But wait -- I'm not ready to put away my August sets yet! I have three things to share today, and all three have been sitting in partial stages of completion for more than a week. I carved out a little stamping time today to finally get them finished and posted. Here goes ...

First up is a card using Trick or Treat with Who's That Girl:



The last time I colored this image, I gave Flopsey a green suit. This time, I thought I'd try out orange - now he looks like a giant candy corn! I gave the trio a green glow to give a little bit of a spooky feel. Coloring is with Prismacolor pencils. This started out as a large tag, but when it overpowered the bucket I was working with, I stuck it on a card base instead. Perfect size.

Next up is a super easy Halloween treat bag. I love the things Michelle Wooderson does with the glassine bags and clothespins and have been itching to give her idea a try.



How cute are these? The clothespin I used is a craft supply and therefore a good bit smaller than your normal laundry clothespins, but either will work. The pumpkin and sentiment are from Trick or Treat with Who's That Girl, and the bag is filled with my personal Halloween favorite - candy corn (has to be Brach's, though).

Last is the third of three items in the reading set I made for my daughter a while back. I posted a little backpack box to hold her library card and a matching card HERE, but this sign for her doorknob was just a sketch at the time.



The girl and the bookshelf are two separate images from I {Heart} Books (which is currently out of stock - I'm sorry!). I stamped them, then colored and drew in the floor and the wall using Prismacolor pencils. The "shh" letters are done with Bling 'Bet. I did the "I'm reading" sentiment by hand.



Thanks so much for stopping by!

18 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Adorable Amy, love your projects, they make me smile.

Betty Wright said...

Amazing projects and designs, Amy!!! Fabulously done!!!

Dawn B. said...

Ohhh I love all these projects Amy. I really like the Halloween one. The large eyelet with the ribbon looks awesome. I agree August has flown by. Back to school and READING homework..Super job.

Megan said...

So great!! I love visiting your blog, but it's three times the fun when you have THREE projects!! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the new release!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow, Amy!! These are all fabulous!!

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous projects! I love each and every one of them! Your tag turned card is beautifully colored, your glassine bag is super cute and your doorhanger is BEAUITMOUS!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW Amy these are all fantastic!!! Such a lot of eye candy to drool over!!! It is always such a pleasure to visit your blog!!

dpkennedy said...

Such cute projects! Love your shading on the flopsey card!

Melody said...

Great project! I just love the scene you set on the bookmark!

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff.....love "Halloween" and I found you of PCP "Shout it Out" for this week!...I made it too!...yep, AUGUST is gonzo, one last summer fling before I get busy with FALL myself!

Your style is very distinctive and CUTE!

Libby Hickson said...

So adorable, LOVE it all - especially the doorknob sign. I'm going to have to break down and buy that set once it's back in stock!!

Christina Fischer said...

AAAAAACK!!!! Amy, these are amazing! When I grow up, I want to design like you! :)

Michelle said...

All of these are fabulous, Amy!! Love the door hanger...& those glassine bags are so cool for treats....I may have to get some! I agree, August....well, the whole summer, actually....went WAY too fast! School starts tomorrow!! Yikes!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Love all of these!! I had to giggle, I too LOVE candy corn, but it HAS to be Brach's!! :) Great minds! LOL!

Conniecrafter said...

such cute projects, love the brads going along the background piece, pretty coloring. Love the idea of the clothes pin for the closure of the bag and your door knob decoration is just way too cute, I need to make one of these for my daughter :)

Maren said...

Simply stunning and gorgeous work!! :) You are always such an inspiration! Hope you are having a good Monday!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Amy!!! Love your treat bag! Gorgeous Halloween/Fall creations!! I agree, August flew by! Where does the time go? Hope you are having a good day!
hugs,
Chris

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, all of these are fabulous! Love the glow you gave to your first card! I can't seem to do that very well, need to pull out the Prismas again! Your glassine bag is awesome! Love the door hanger! Your hand drawing of the wall is AWESOME girl!