Friday, April 18, 2008

Birthday Roundup




[Edited To Add: I give up!! I've tried a couple of times today so far to get a decent picture of this page, and just can't. This is the best I can do. The page isn't great as it is, and the photography isn't helping any -- maybe I was thinking my camera could work a miracle ;) ]

My scrapbook club is coming over on Saturday for our second of six crops. I put together a spread yesterday using a Valerie Salmon sketch (#52). I'm not doing a whole lot of scrapbooking these days (can you tell? this cardmaking stuff has completely taken over - anyone else?), and the little that I do do tends to be more reflective, story-telling stuff, rather than event-based. So instead of big birthday spreads with the same ol' info (this is the cake, these are the guests, these are the gifts, these are the games, etc.), I'm just putting together a 2-page "2007 birthday round-up," with a few photos and/or notes for each of the 5 of us. My youngest, who turns 1 next week, had his actual birth day last year, thus the hospital pictures!

Here's the right side:



I've had my hand in a bunch of random stamping projects here lately - PTO appreciation gifts, prom invitation samples (yikes!) for my sister and the junior class at the high school where she works, and a family scrapbook project for my son's Cub Scout den. All fun stuff, but it has left precious little time for card-making this week. Looking forward to the weekend to get back in my groove!

Have a great day, and thanks so much for stopping by!



Stamps: Big Bold Birthday, So Many Scallops, Celebrate Everything, Office Accoutrement
Paper: Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Whisper White, Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Pie prints, Rose Red Prints, Celery Prints

Ink: Purely Pomegranate, Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Accessories: 1/2," 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, scallop punch, ticket corner punch, spiral punch
Size: 12x12
All supplies by Stampin' Up!

6 comments:

Sue Hyer said...

I, for one, am happy to see one of your scrapbook pages! I am very inspired by your books, especially now that I am taking the LOM class! Still struggling with the chronological thing, though!

marcyh said...

Love it! Can't wait for tomorrow night...I'm so looking forward to getting out of the house!

Marilyn said...

These pages are fabulous - I know what you mean about feeling pulled in so many directions - hard to stay on top of all the projects I like to be involved in and still find time to stamp and scrapbook!! This is a really fabulous layout that you've made though - and all SU products too - thanks for inspiring!

Kristin Moore said...

Amy, this is a great idea, scrapping a birthday theme for the whole family! I rarely get more than one GREAT shot of the birthday boy/girl anyway, so why ont combine them?!! Awesome inspiration... and, you don't look a day over 30 girl!

Unknown said...

hi amy!!! i LOVE this idea - i mean how many times can you do the same old bday stuff right?!?! after awhile it gets a little stale. in fact i am thinkin holiday round up too to be quite honest!!! the pages look great!! lucky girls in the club! we were talking about doing this at stacey's today! head up and keep truckin' girl you're fabulous!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Amy the pages are just beautiful. Jennifer :)