Monday, August 13, 2018

Reverse Confetti | Happy Birthday Jen!

The Reverse Confetti Crew has put together a surprise 40th birthday blog hop today to honor the one and only Jen del Muro! We love you Jen 😘

Wishing you a very happy birthday, and may the year ahead be everything you hope for! 


Jen was one of the very first crafters I "met" over a decade ago (and that was after stalking her work for years). She's always been there with encouragement, advice, or just a friendly ear. We did finally meet in person in the Fall of 2016. I arranged a 7-hour layover at her home airport, so that we could hang out for the day. Fun times!

Jen, I treasure our friendship so much. Lots of love to you today and every day!



My card for Jen features PATTERN BUILDER stamps and dies, a MOD FLORAL STACK sentiment, and the STITCHED RAYS COVER PANEL Confetti Cuts.



I started by die-cutting and then stamping three different medallions in bright cheerful colors: PISTACHIO, BUTTERCUP, FLAMINGO, and LAGOON.



To make the circles behind the medallions, I first diecut white panels with the STITCHED RAYS COVER PANEL, then used one of the CIRCLES 'N SCALLOPS dies to cut out the middle. (I used the rest of the cover panel on this project.)



I wanted to do something a little different with the sentiment, so I chose a birthday-appropriate sentiment from MOD FLORAL STACK and stamped it around each medallion. I also added a touch of BUTTERCUP ink blending and some yellow splatter around the medallions.


For more birthday inspiration, visit the amazing, talented Confetti Crew:

Amy Kolling

Melissa Phillips

Amy Sheffer

Tricia Barber 

Kelly Lunceford

Lisa Henke

Amy Rohl

Heather Hoffman




4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Amy, this is absolutely beautiful. Love the different elements. Thanks for coordinating this fun hop!

Unknown said...

I know this is weird, but those felt flowers in the happy birthday sign are gorgeous too! Of course your card is also amazing!! :). Beautiful!! If anyone has a tutorial to do those flowers I’m in lol!!

Farhana S said...

I saw cupcakes in that picture 🤣

Farhana S said...

Beautiful card! So unique 😍