Sunday, March 11, 2018

Papertrey Ink March Release: School Days, Great Teachers & Big Apple

Welcome to Day 2 of Papertrey Ink's March release countdown! Today I'm excited to share with you a collection of school-themed products: School Days stamps and dies, Great Teachers stamps and a die set called Big Apple.

All of the new products will be available at 10 pm ET March 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.



For my first project, I decided to make a traveler's journal for my youngest son's 5th grade memories. It's so hard to believe, but after 3 kids and 12 consecutive years, this is our last year of elementary school! 

On the cover, I've die-cut the Big Apple out of Kraft card stock. The Big Apple die set includes the big apple shape, stem, leaves, and a die that cuts slots to hold gift cards. I've trimmed off the bottom of the apple to fit the shorter height of the booklet.




I stamped the notebook lines from School Days onto the apple, then added the pencil and apple, also from School Days


Last, I added some twine to the stem.


On the title page, I used more pencils, another apple, as well as some of the little word stamps from School Days (grade, teacher, school).

Our school does a really great job of making the 5th grade year super special, so I can't wait to fill this book up with photos from the year!


Supplies: 

Stamps: School Days
Ink: Pure Poppy, True Black, Harvest Gold, Fine Linen, Soft Stone, Pale Peony, Fresh Snow
Paper: Stamper’s Select White, Kraft, New Leaf, and Cocoa Bean card stock; Green Parakeet Bitty Big patterned paper
Dies: Big Apple, School Days
Other: True Black baker’s twine




For this next card, I wanted to change up the usual apple colors and try an all-pink palette. I love the super feminine look! The apples and pencil are from School Days.



The sentiment is from Great Teachers. I love the font combination in this teacher-themed sentiment set! Here, I've cut the typewriter parts into strips and stapled them onto my card for a fun teacher-ish touch.



The script part of the sentiment is stamped over the notebook line image from School Days. Last, I added School Days stars in True Black, and also customized one of the apples with the number 5.



The whole card is mounted onto a piece of patterned paper from the Mint Julep Bitty Big paper pack, one of three new Bitty Big collections coming out this month. 


Stamps: School Days, Great Teachers
Ink: Pale Peony, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Autumn Rose, Mint Julep, True Black
Paper: Stamper’s Select White card stock, Mint Julep Bitty Big patterned paper
Dies: School Days, Moments Inked: Edged

Other: True Black baker’s twine





My last card combines the big Apple die with another sentiment from Great Teachers for a quick clean-and-simple card.


The apple was cut from Pale Peony card stock and Sheer Basics vellum. The beautiful Great Teachers sentiment is stamped onto the vellum.


I added a Kraft stem and Mint Julep leaves to attach the vellum layer, then topped with some twine.



The background is a combination of white card stock plus True Black and Mint Julep Bitty Big patterns.


Stamps: Great Teachers, School Days
Ink: True Black
Paper: Stamper’s Select White, Kraft and Mint Julep card stock; Mint Julep and True Black Bitty Big patterned paper; Sheer Basics vellum

Dies: Big Apple
Other: True Black baker’s twine



For more inspiration, visit the Papertrey Ink blog.

Thanks so much for visiting!


2 comments:

Janelle said...

Beautiful cards, Amy. I adore how you've taken a "mundane" topic and made it pretty, creative and not just primary colours. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Andre M. said...

Love your fun journal and great cards. The sentiment on your last card is so impactful.