Friday, February 10, 2017

#beastmode Blog Hop

(Surprise, Jen!)

The Reverse Confetti team and Jennifer McGuire are hopping today to bring encouragement and cheer to friend and RC owner Jen del Muro.

Jen was diagnosed with breast cancer toward the end of last year. She is a fierce one and her prognosis is good, but the journey over the next year will nonetheless be a battle. We want to fill today (and every day of her journey) with love and support. I am continually amazed by Jen's positivity and strength and determination. She's an inspiration to all of us standing with her in this fight. 

Jen's mantra, #beastmode, has gone viral among her friends and crafty peers, and it totally fits Jen's personality.

We love you, Jen!


The card I've made for Jen features a sentiment from My Heart Trusts



My prayer for Jen every day is for complete healing, minimal discomfort, strength, peace, and especially that the year passes quickly and she can put all this behind her!



I made the marbled background using a nail polish marbling technique. I remember doing marbling with shaving cream and re-inkers back in the day, but I've never done it with nail polish. I filled a tray  with a inch or two of water (I used an empty salad greens container), then drizzled three different nail polish colors, swirled a little with the handle of an old paintbrush, then quickly submerged a piece of watercolor paper for a few seconds to pick up the color.



I used magenta, light green, and gold shimmer polish colors. I love every bit of the veining and shimmer and even gunkiness in some areas, and the best part of all is that it literally only took minutes to create half a dozen marbled backgrounds. (I picked out the prettiest one for Jen!)




Be sure to work your way through the hop line-up, and if you'd like to leave your own words of encouragement for Jen, you can do so on the Reverse Confetti blog.

And last, but not at all least, a friendly PSA: PLEASE make sure you and/or the women in your lives are doing self-exams and getting regular mammograms when advised!

Amy Sheffer (you're here)


Thanks so much for visiting!


47 comments:

~amy~ said...

Amy, this is beautiful! I love the marbling and thank you for that...I was actually going to buy shaving cream to do the throwback technique but I'll give the nail polish one a try!

jan metcalf said...

How pretty! Will have to give nail polish n
marbling a try. Wishing the best for Jen!

I Card Everyone said...

LOve your card [I've never attempted either - would you be surprised that all my nail polish is shades of gray?] I'm definitely going shopping today, Amy!!!
LOve your heart, too... as I'm sure Jen does...
=]

JAVAGIRL said...

Prayers for Jen now to narrow the shipping list

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! Gorgeous card and beautiful support for Jen!

Angelica Suarez said...

Your background and nailpolish technique is so cool, Amy!!! Your prayer is just perfect. I too pray for a quick year but also complete healing. Thanks for sharing that with us. <3

Teresa Doyle said...

Amy your card is absolutely GORGEOUS!
What a wonderful thing to do this for Jen for encouragement through a difficult time! If this isn't love and support when you need it, I don't know what IS! #BEASTMODE

Teri S. said...

Wow! Your card is so beautiful! The colours are soft & feminine & I just know this will touch Jen's heart.
Wonderful wonderful creativity.

g said...

stunning marbled paper & such a gorgeous card- Jen is totally going to love it!

Denise G. said...

Amy, the background is just stunning! Thanks for sharing the technique!

Macimbalo said...

What a beautiful background and such a sweet tribute to your friend Jen. I'm sure she is thrilled to see your creation!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful!

Deborah Kaye said...

Lovely card for a wonderful cause! Praying for Jen. Thanks for the instructions for the nail polish technique. I have at least a hundred of bottles of polishes I can try this with! :)

Lindarub said...

Love how you did your background.

Judy E said...

Amy- What a beautiful & deep meaningful card! God Bless you Jen & prayers for you!

Kleri said...

Gorgeous card!Wishes for a complete recovery to Jen!

Carol said...

Amazing background, Amy! I love the blend of colours.

Lori Ellen Designs said...

Beautiful, unique card. Jen truly is an inspiration.

Melanie said...

Stunning piece of art! So unique...just like Jen!!!

Jill Norwood said...

So wonderful to see this Hop for sweet Jen! Love your beautiful and heartfelt card! And I need to try this technique with the watercand polish! Gorgeous BG!!!!!

nancy said...

This is amazing, Amy. The polish gives a cool texture. The gold twine/ribbon is a perfect addition. This is sure to give Jen a boost.

Cynthia Cole said...

So creative, she will love it!

Nora Noll said...

This card is amazing!! I LOVE the marbling effect you got with the nail polish. I have wanted to try marbling with nail polish too but was afraid of what would happen if I did!! Beautiful card!

CindyRomanDaversa said...

Such a beautiful card...and the nail polish marbling is so clever! Jen has so many amazing and talented friends!

PatriciaD said...

I absolutely adore this card and want to try this myself. Prayers for Jen.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Simply gorgeous card. A real gem, like Jen. Beautiful sentiment ❤

Anonymous said...

Great card, it will certainly mean a lot to her!

Leigh Penner said...

This is gorgeous, Amy! What a fun technique!

Chelle said...

Such love in this group! Love this technique.

Mendi Yoshikawa said...

Such a beautiful technique. My daughter tried something similar on her nails. Love that you're having this wonderful, encouraging hop. Hugs to Jen! :)

Beth Norman said...

I've heard of this technique but these results are the best I've seen. Your card rocks! I'm so sorry to hear about Jen. This hop is a very nice thing to do.

Lisa H. said...

Wow Amy!! This did turn our beautifully. Thanks for the inspiration.

Colleen said...

Gorgeous card! I love the way you made your paper, will have to try this myself.

Unknown said...

I wish we could stamp out cancer for good. It has affected to many loved ones.
P.S. beautiful marbling.

Billie A said...

What a rich card. I love the nail polish paper and the gold and sentiment. Perfect. The sentiment stands out. Beautiful, stunning.

Ericka Strange said...

Gorgeous background love the marbling technique! Thanks for sharing. Such a beautiful way to inspire and support Jen!

Christine said...

Lovely marbled background! I am praying for Jen, too!

Sue D said...

Love the marbled background and the sentiment for Jen.

Conniecrafter said...

I have never heard of this with nail polish, I love the effect, Gorgeous!

Lisaerica said...

Gooooorgeous Amy! I love this technique and the colors look beautiful together. Not sure I'd be able to part with my good nail polish though, lol. Maybe I need to make a trip to the dollar store and see what I can find, probably not those pretty colors. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Annette Pearce said...

Thanks for the crafty inspiration and how to use up nail polish. I hope your friend Jen is also inspired by the love and support of the blog hop.

Heather DePasquale said...

Love your marbling technique. May Jen feel better soon.

Michele Kovack said...

So beautiful!! She will love it!!

Cris G. said...

Wow! Looks awesome, I'm sure Jen will love it!

Beth H. said...

AWESOME background! Love it!

Diane - oliver.mdiane@comcast.net said...

OMG... this is just gorgeous! I wish there was a video to watch. She will absolutely gaze it's beauty ... hugs.

Bev Gerard said...

Marvelous inky work, Ms. Amy! Perfect for honoring Jen's inspiration as she fights to win!