Friday, August 12, 2016

Thanksgiving Inspirations


Today is Day 3 of Papertrey Ink's August release countdown and our first group post for this release. We have a number of autumn and Thanksgiving products to introduce today:

Color Pop: Autumn by Betsy Veldman
Splits: Giving Thanks by Maile Belles
Paper Clippings: Thankful For You by Betsy Veldman
Give Thanks by Dawn McVey
Autumn Pumpkins by Heather Nichols

Be sure to hop around to all the designers (links are below) for a look at everything!


All of the new products will be available at 10 pm ET on August 15 in the Papertrey Ink store.




Just like Betsy's previous Color Pop kits, Color Pop: Autumn includes stamps, dies, stencils, and a paper assortment that includes both stencil-ready patterns and die-cut ready designs. My card focuses on the pre-printed die-cut shapes and the patterned paper. 

As you can see, I opted to leave the background paper as-is and not color it in with the stencils. I love how that subtle print allows the bold die-cut shapes to really stand out.

I also brought in some metallic gold, both with the sentiment, which I die-cut from a Luxe Gold Adhesive sheet and the chevron gold foil paper, which is from the Gold Luxe Foil Patterned Paper collection.


I usually prefer my fall creations to be more on the natural, rustic side, but I've gotta say, I'm really loving the elegance and sophistication of these colors, especially with the gold!


Stamps: Color Pop: Autumn

Dies: Color Pop: Autumn, Noted: Scalloped A1

Ink: Canyon Clay

Paper: White card stock, Luxe Gold Adhesive Sheet, Gold Luxe Foil Patterned Paper collection, Color Pop: Autumn paper collection

Other: foam tape




Next is a look at Paper Clippings: Thankful For You, Paper Clippings: Thankful For You Details, and Inspired: Blessed.


 I've stamped and die-cut the detail images, and arranged them onto a napkin ring for a pretty, easy, and inexpensive way to dress up your Thanksgiving table.




Stamps: Paper Clippings: Thankful For You; Inspired: Blessed

Dies: Paper Clippings: Thankful For You; Inspired: Blessed

Ink: Fine Linen, Classic Kraft, Americana, Scarlet Jewel, Summer Sunrise, Canyon Clay, Simply Chartreuse

Paper: Rustic White card stock

Other: natural jute twine





Last is a simpler, sweeter, more country card project using the sweet Autumn Pumpkins stamps and dies. The pumpkins are stamped, die-cut, and watercolored, then layered over a wreath that I stamped using the previously released Twig Wreath. The leaves and branches are from Autumn Pumpkins, with the exception of one floral image from Twig Wreath.


I kept this super simple and just rounded the bottom corners and added a touch of Aqua Mist gingham patterned paper to the top.



Stamps: Autumn Pumpkins, Twig Wreath

Dies: Autumn Pumpkins

Ink: Cocoa Bean, Soft Stone, Ocean Tides, Aqua Mist, Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, 
Orange Zest, Canyon Clay

Paper: watercolor paper; Fresh Snow Linen and Soft Stone card stock; 
Chicken Scratch paper collection



For more Thanksgiving inspiration, visit the Papertrey team:



Thanks for visiting!

SaveSave

15 comments:

Cindy H. said...

Gorgeous cards and home decor!

jan metcalf said...

I thought I was in love with the elegant card until I saw your pumpkin twig wreath with gingham!!! Love them all!

Nancy said...

I like how you used the paper as is and added beautiful pops of color with your flowers, wheat, etc., lovely. Especially like your smattering of golf for the sentiment.

Nancy said...

Oops, forgot to say how adorable the napkin ring is, just sweet, great way to dress up the Thanksgiving table.

Leigh Penner said...

These are all so gorgeous, Amy!

Diana K said...

Beautiful fall projects, Amy!

Diane Jaquay said...

Stunning work, Amy, simply stunning!!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

Oh I LOVE your napkin rings...SO pretty
Beautiful projects

Marcia Hill said...

Oh my...beautiful, beautiful cards and napkin ring Amy! I am so ready for Fall and all of your projects are making me want to skip the rest of Summer! I will definitely be referring back to these lovely ideas once my order arrives...thank you, thank you!! :0)

Julia Aston said...

What a beautifully designed card Amy - and I just LOVE the napkin holder decoration - so clever and creative! Julia xx

Linda said...

As ever, your projects capture the essence of the new release. Absolutely am CASE-ing the napkin ring. TFS

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Ashley,


I am feeling the essence of Autumn through your SUBLIME creations, all the way here in my Beloved Puerto Rico. Thanks for such GREAT INSPIRATION!!!!

Cariños,
María Alba

MTPatB said...

Wonderful creations. Love the gold "bountiful" and the napkin holder arrangement with the ombre "blessed" is just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Love your unique card designs. The gold touches are beautiful and I just love the "message" napkin ring holders.

Kathy Mc said...

Great idea, Amy, to use the printed paper as your background without adding color to it. Your Fall die-cuts really pop and LOVE the gold accents. Very striking card, fabulous napkin ring decor and great twig wreath Thanksgiving card!