Thursday, February 11, 2016

New Products for Spring & Egg Hunt


Today is a Papertrey Ink group post sharing lots of new products for spring. It is also the annual scavenger hunt, and the photo above is the one to look at to see how many egg icons are hidden here. You can click the photo to see it larger. 

More information on the egg hunt is posted on Nichole's blog

We're cruising on through Papertrey's 9th anniversary celebration. Today is Day 7 of 10, and our featured products for today are some super cute Easter and spring goodies. Bunny Basket by Heather Nichols is a darling set filled with iconic Easter/Spring images. Lizzie Jones has designed the most adorable Simply Spring Borders set that has such a storybook charm. Lots of dies today as well, including a Basket cover plate, Easter Grass, and a unique frame-style die from Maile Belles called Shaped Sayings: Easter. 

Let's get started!


I found some tutorials on YouTube for how to make cute mini gift boxes using an envelope punch board. This one, which holds two Cadbury Eggs, was my favorite. With just a few punches and score lines, these boxes could't be any easier to put together! And the Paper Basics + White collections in Bright Buttercup and Lovely Lady work so beautifully for Easter!


I used the Easter Grass die to make a grass fringe for each box. I layered three die-cuts together, off-setting them for a little height variation. Although the die is a little wider than A2 I found if I cut the fringe pieces from an A2 card panel, it wrapped around exactly half of the box. Layer three more together to go around the rest of the box. 

I tucked in some pretty stamped and die-cut easter eggs from Bunny Basket, along with a sentiment, also from Bunny Basket.


I did my closure a little differently. Instead of wrapping the corners, one over the other, envelope-style, I pulled both corners together and pinched them closed with a clothespin that I topped off with the bunny image from Bunny Basket.

I stamped the bunny ear insides in white and gave him some linen thread whiskers for a fun detail.


   Stamps: Bunny Basket

Dies: Bunny Basket, Easter Grass

Ink: Bright Buttercup, Lovely Lady, Tempting Turquoise

Paper: Lovely Lady + White Paper Basics Collection; Bright Buttercup + White Paper Basics collection; Stamper's Select white card stock; Limeade Ice card stock

Other: linen thread, mini clothespin, envelope punch board


 


My next project features Maile's Shaped Sayings: Easter die. I die-cut and stacked a few of these in Hibiscus Burst and white for both dimension and added stability, then layered it over an inlaid Shaker Shapes: Circle die-cut in Lemon Tart and Orange Zest. Floral accents are from Clippings: Happy Day, and the stitched leaves are from Songbirds.




The focal point embellished sentiment circle is layered over a Cover Plate Horizontal Stripes in white and then onto a white card base. In between, for some subtle added interest, is a layer of polka dot Sheer Basics Vellum. The white accents on the sentiment were done with a white gel pen. I love how Kay Miller adds white gel pen accents, so thanks for the inspiration, Kay!


   
Stamps: Clippings: Happy Day

Dies: Shaped Sayings: Easter, Cover Plate: Horizontal Stripes, Clippings: Happy Day, Songbirds

Ink: Bright Buttercup, Lovely Lady, Lemon Tart, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz

Paper: white, Limeade Ice, Orange Zest, Hibiscus Burst, Lemon Tart card stock; Sheer Basics Vellum

Other: white gel pen



For more Easter and Spring inspiration, visit the Papertrey team:



24 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

Your bunny treat boxes are so sweet, Amy! And I love your card, too!

jan metcalf said...

I enjoy the pretty colors on your Easter card!

Cindy H. said...

What sweet projects! Love your Easter card! That candy box is so cute, so thank you for the link on how to make it, too :)

Gina said...

Those little boxes are such fun! Thanks for the link to that. I'm always looking for other ways to use my envelope punch board. This is fantastic. The card you made with Maile's new die is wonderful. I like the layers and interest (I need to get some of that vellum - I love what you and the other DT Members do with it, it just keeps getting knocked out of my cart by other stuff I think I have to have right. this. second!) :D

Julia Aston said...

How sweet is your little treat box! love the bright colors and cute bunny on top! and your card is beautiful with all the layered die cuts - love the white accent dots on the sentiment!

Nancy said...

Such sweet, spring projects! Love your treat box!

Nancy Penir said...

Love the whiskers! Love the sweet box and you embellished it. Gorgeous card!!!

Noreen said...

Fun little bunny boxes to pack treats in!

A Cup of Cold Water said...

ADORABLE!!!!

Unknown said...

Super Cute!

Kathy Krug said...

Love the adorable basket and your happy Easter wreath.

Kathie B said...

I am loving your Easter card...just exquisite!

Nora Noll said...

Wow!! I LOVE the fun treat boxes and that card is stunning!!

Kathy Mc said...

Simply gorgeous, dear Amy! Your projects always WOW me.

TLady said...

Amy, your little Easter Egg Box is SO ADORABLE! I went to see the Tutorial! THANK YOU! I DO like the way you've closed your box too! Quite creative--you've made it your own! Your card is LOVELY!!! LOOOVE the colors you've used & the new dies!!!! ;)

Joyously Noelle said...

Your projects are so sweet today!

María Alba Negrón said...

Hi Amy,

I love your box............but your card.....OMG! That card melted my heart. It is so gorgeous and delightful and awesome that it deserves the outstanding description of....wait for it.....it is coming.....SCRUMPTILICIOUS!!!
Love you to pieces girl!

Cariños,
María Alba

Marybeth said...

Amy your Easter box is too sweet and full of spring! Oh my gosh that card with the striped panel and darling cluster of blooms on the wreath, you somehow managed it all to come together, not easy! Amazing!

MTPatB said...

The Happy Easter wreath is so cute. Love the little flowers.

Ruth G said...

Both projects are wonderful! I adore the twine whiskers for the bunnies and the card is wonderful from the colors to the layers!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Renee M said...

Wonderful projects! The colors are so pretty :)

DIANA L. said...

All the projects were super cute!!

DIANA L. said...

All the projects were super cute!!

Jenny said...

Looks like you are all set for Easter Amy and the colours on your Easter card are so refreshing!