Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Jingle All the Way - SFYTT


I've been so inspired lately by mixed media and watercolor projects on Pinterest and YouTube, so when I sat down to play along with Reverse Confetti's December Sketch For You To Try, I knew I wanted to incorporate at least a tiny bit of an artsy look.


First, here's the December sketch:


Isn't that a fun one? For challenge guidelines, prize details, and the link list, visit the Reverse Confetti blog. You have until December 29 at noon CST to enter.



My snowflakes are die-cut with Reverse Confetti's LET IT SNOW Confetti Cuts out of a panel that I watercolored in different shades of blue, then splattered with dark blue pigment.



The horizontal piece is made of layers of card stock, patterned paper, a doily piece, and some torn linen vellum topped with a pop of black diagonal stripe washi tape. More splattering in the same colors that I used for the snowflakes.



The sentiment, from TINSEL 'N TRIM, is stamped in Memento Luxe Teal Zeal onto a light gray card stock background panel. The background panel is also splattered with metallic silver and white watercolor.



Last, I added a sparkly twine bow with jingle bells tied to the ends, rounded the corners of the background panel, and mounted it to a white top-fold card base.




Hope you've enjoyed my loose sketch interpretation!
For more SFYTT inspiration, be sure to visit the Reverse Confetti blog.

Thanks for visiting!





REVERSE CONFETTI STAMPS: TINSEL 'N TRIM
REVERSE CONFETTI DIES: LET IT SNOW, CIRCLES 'N SCALLOPS Confetti Cuts
PAPER: white, stone, navy, and aqua card stock, linen vellum, 
designer paper scraps, Tim Holtz watercolor paper
INK: Memento Luxe Teal Zeal
OTHER: Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors, round brush, Pretty Pink Posh silver sequins, 
silver bells, metallic silver twine, washi tape, corner rounder, paper doily

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

really pretty, love the mix of blues!

Meghan said...

I love, love, love this!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE the mixed media, artsy look to this gorgeous card!!

Lora said...

Amy, I love the card you made.

Can you share your secret as to how you did the ink splatter? What sort of ink did you use for this affect?

I like the splattering idea and do you use a paint brush for the splattering?

Thanks

Deepti Stephens said...

Oh this is SO FABULOUS Amy!! :)