Sunday, November 3, 2013

Happy 10th Birthday!


Today, my middle child hits double digits -- Happy Birthday, dear Adrienne!

I started out with a whole different card (which I'll share another day), but when I designed something for the inside, I thought it might work as a card front instead. The color scheme was pulled from some diagonal striped washi tape, which didn't end up making an appearance on this card (but is on the other one). The whole thing has a more masculine, or at least gender-neutral, look, and my girl is pretty girly-girl, so I added some clear sequins for a tiny bit of glam.

The stamps are pulled from a few different REVERSE CONFETTI sets: the word "awesome," the green arrows, and the little red brackets are from ARROWS 'N ELEMENTS, the green dots at the very top are from I LIKE YOU, and the birthday sentiment is from CELEBRATE CAKE.









paper: smooth white card stock, studio calico patterned paper, echo park patterned paper

ink: red, green, yellow, turquoise and black pigment inks

accessories: baker's twine, ribbon, button, label punch, number die-cuts, clear sequins, foam tape


Have a great day!

4 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how the red 10 stands out so nicely! Darling card which I 'm sure your ten year old will love. We are all in double digits now - yikes!! Kids are growing up waaaay too quickly! Huge hug to you :)

Oliwiaen said...

Happy birthday to your not-so-little girl! I'm sure she enjoyed that fabulous card :-)

Lisa H. said...

what a super cool birthday card! love the colors, so fresh and fun!

JoAnn said...

Great birthday card. Such fun colors and design, I'm sure your 10 yr. old will love it.