Thursday, September 19, 2013

September Card Kitchen, Part 1

Just popping in to share some of my September Card Kitchen cards. This month's kit features gorgeous papers from the Modern Mercantile line by Jenni Bowlin Studios.

For more info on Jillibean Soup's monthly Card Kitchen kits, click HERE.
To purchase this month's kit or to sign up for a monthly subscription, go HERE.
And to see what's coming in next month's kit, follow along with the sneak peeks on The Card Kitchen blog.



Blessings
On this first card, I cut apart a 4x4 chevron pattern and hand-stitched the different pieces to a neutral background. The two feather accents were cut from a 12x12 pattern.


Hi Sunshine
The sun is made from a partial circle punch backed with simple fishtail banner pieces. I loved working with the three Maya Road Kraft doilies that were included this kit. I cut them down to get even more mileage out of them.


My Heart Beats Only For You
One of the leftover zigzag pieces from the first card kind of reminded me of a heart rate monitor, so I added a heart die-cut and created a custom sentiment to go along with it. "My heart beats only" is handwritten on the Jenni Bowlin perforated stamp paper and then I completed the sentiment with alpha stickers from the kit.


Best Wishes
Super simple card here, lots of negative space to show off that gorgeous feather pattern. 



I'll share the rest next time! Happy Thursday!


1 comment:

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome creations, Miss Lady!! :)