Thursday, March 18, 2010

Some People ...



I am head over heels in love with this sentiment that's in Verve's new Feel the Sun set: "Some people make the world special just by being in it." How sweet and uplifting! I played along with this week's challenge over at Crazy 4 Challenges (C4C28), which is to make a masculine card. They're typically hard for me, so I always welcome the extra nudge to add one to my stash.

The sun image is from Verve's new Let It Shine set, and all the patterned papers are from the Love Me Do collection by My Mind's Eye. Ribbon and crystals are by MFT, and the button is PTI. Borders are EK Success and Martha Stewart. The white stitching is done with a paper piercer and a white gel pen.

Thanks for stopping by! Remember, Verve's Spring Fling Bundle (the full March release) is available at a discounted price through the end of the month, or while supplies last. Check it out HERE!

Happy Thursday!




Stamps: Feel the Sun, Let It Shine (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft, Dark Chocolate card stock; My Mind's Eye Love Me Do collection
Ink: Ranger Walnut Stain, Frayed Burlap Distress Inks
Accessories: corner rounder, MFT crystals and ribbon, Papertrey button, Martha Stewart and EK Success border punches, sewing machine, paper piercer, white gel pen

12 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

NEED this set! Your card is beautiful and we all need some sunshine in our lives, right? Thanks for letting YOUR light shine, Amy! GORGEOUS work!

Eva said...

Ohhh...this is sooo GORGEOUS...I love your design and colors, you are such a master card maker!!!

KanataNewf said...

This is just so very pretty - I really should use craft paper more often. The cards you make with it are just stunning.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Well, I am head over heels in LOVE with this card! Just gorgeous, Amy!

dpkennedy said...

Oh, I just love this little scene and that sentiment is so sweet! Adorable!!

Jody Morrow said...

That is GORGEOUS!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous, Amy! Another beautiful piece of art!

Teneale Williams said...

Great work Amy like always.

Maureen said...

love the use of cloud paper with the sun :) I was so excited to win the whole release over on the VLV forum last month...the suns are great!! Love how you added the bling for some extra shine :)

Kathy Jones said...

I love that sentiment!!! Fabulous card as always Amy! Great use of colour and I just love the way you embellish!!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is so neat! I love the kraft on kraft layer and the colors, patterned papers, and embellishments!

Linda Beeson said...

I love that sun- it is just so HAPPY looking!