Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ask, Seek, Knock



Happy Saturday, happy weekend! I have another Our Daily Bread Designs peek for you today. I've always loved architecture, especially that with some age on it, so I've really taken a fancy to this old wooden door image from Ask, Seek, Knock (to be released on Monday, June 1). My layout is a sideways version of this week's Sketch for You To Try by Jen del Muro. Check out the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Julie Lacey's sample, at i{heart}2stamp. Then visit the rest of the SFYTT chicas for even more inspiration: Amy Rohl, Carole Burrage, Kelly Lunceford, and Susan Liles. We love when you play along! To do so, link up your card or project to Jen's post using Mr. Linky. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: SFYTT.

I'm extra low on chit-chat - hustling out the door for my daughter's softball game. The girls are all 5 and 6 - soooooo cute!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

[Updated to Add: The two decorative black corners at the top are die-cut using one of Cuttlebug's Vintage dies. The Vintage collection includes four 2x2 dies.]




Stamps: Ask, Seek, Knock (Our Daily Bread Designs - to be released on June 1)
Paper: SU Basic Black, Whisper White, Mellow Moss; Around the Block dp
Ink: SU Mellow Moss, Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Kaiser pearls, SU white taffeta ribbon, Martha Stewart and EK Success border punches, Michael's silver and pearl buttons, paper piercer, clear ep
Size: 6" square

36 comments:

Gretchen said...

Ooooo- cool how you layered the border punches! This card is very elegant, just lovely!

June Houck said...

So lovely and breathtaking...every last detail!

Paula Barin said...

Your cards are truly works of art. Just beautiful!

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow, stunning Amy; but then your artwork always is, but this just takes my breath away!

Julie said...

Ooohh Amy this is gorgeous! Love what you did with the sketch! Beautiful stamps too! :)

Kerry Johnson said...

Wow - I am so drawn to this stamp - I just LOVE what you've done with it! Gorgeous card Amy!!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Holy Smokes! This is absolutely stunning! I am in awe! When I look at something like this, I realize what a lazy stamper I have been! Gorgeous!

Nadia said...

WOW, Amy, this is gorgeous!

Amy Rohl said...

As always--mouth watering gorgeous, Amy!

Kim said...

So beautiful, Amy!! This one exudes elegance! Just yummy!

Jenn said...

Gorgeous card as always Amy! It's simply elegant! :) Have a great weekend and thanks for the sweet comment you left on my blog! :)

Cindy Haffner said...

Stunning Amy!!!!!

~Lori Roop said...

Beautiful!! I love the tone on tone!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

WOW Amy! Stunningly designed! Love the embellishments. Your cards are always so polished and mouthwatering! :)

AlienAnessa said...

Wow, Amy, I've been staring at this card for several minutes, it's breathtaking! I would list out what I love, but that would be everything, and you made the card so you don't need to be bored with my ramblings!! Superb job!! =)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

!!!!!THUD!!!!! Girl, is this ever STUNNING!!! Oh my goodness!! Love the punches, the sketch, the pearls, the bow, the fabulous image, the colors....EVERYTHING!! Wowesroo!!

Kathy Jones said...

As always - a simply STUNNING card Amy!!! Gorgeous colours and love all the layers and punchwork!! Enjoy your daughter's game and I'm heading off soon to play a game of softball myself!!! :)

Jody Morrow said...

Gorgeous as always! This is incredibly elegant!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Wow! Simply stunning, Amy, in every single way. Fabulous! (And I love that stamp -- one of my favorite Bible verses. :) )

America said...

Love it! Its stunning and striking!

Deborah Young said...

Simply perfect! I drool over your blog every day. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Michelle Woerner said...

Just gorgeous! Love the piercing, the elegant mixture of ribbons, the pearl buttons, just everything! Hugs to you Amy!

Unknown said...

What on earth can I say that comes close to explaining how good you are?? Truly you are one of kind!
Hugs Viv xx

Denise Marzec said...

Breathtaking!

Jen del Muro said...

simply stunning!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my just Gorgeous, awesome stamping, love your use of the corners and the border punch at the bottom!

Dawn Easton said...

So elegant Amy! Beautiful card!!

Renée said...

This is grogeous, Amy. Beautiful verse, beautiful door image. Love all your details!

Hope you have fun at the ball game!

Melissa said...

Simply stunning Amy!

Many Blessings,
M.

Lori Craig said...

gorgeous... love this verse.

Anonymous said...

Amy,
BEAUTIFUL CARD!!! Very Classy!
You always know what colors to put together and I love every card you make.
Could you please tell us what punch you used for the black corners?

Thanks for sharing your amazing talent!!
Carol Froehlich

Emily said...

Drop-dead gorgeous Amy! I love how you layered the borders on the bottom and those corner die cuts are stunning! Beautiful work!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Love your layout, colors, and ribbon, Amy!! Gorgeous!

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful, Amy!!! Love these colors and the details!!! Wonderfully done!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Fabulous card and display of the new Set!!!

Kelley said...

As usual, this is a stunner!