Saturday, March 28, 2009

You're Fantastic



I'm sure I've mentioned before how excited I was to meet Michelle Rodgers, owner of Stamper's Dream, at CHA back in January. She told me then that she was going to be expanding her selection of designer papers, and I have to say I absolutely love the choices she made! I finally got around to placing an order over the weekend, and by Wednesday, I had my new goodies. Love, love, love her super fast shipping! Cosmo Cricket's Everafter collection of designer papers was one of the things I was most excited to dig into. I'm head over heels in love with this soft, elegant, and totally modern color combo. (There's a really nice orange-red in the mix, too, by the way, just not on the patterns I chose to work with today.)

Today's layout comes from Jen's awesome Sketch For You To Try. You'll find the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Jenn Diercks's sample all at i{heart}2stamp. For more inspiration, visit the rest of the gang: Amy Rohl, Carole Burrage, Kelly Lunceford, and Susan Liles. When you're ready to play along, link your project to Jen's post, and if you also upload to SCS, remember to use keyword SFYTT.

For the butterfly focal point, I first covered a Scenic Route chipboard butterfly with yellow dp. I used the chipboard to trace a second butterfly onto gray dp, trimmed it out, shaped it a little, then attached it to the chipboard one. The rhinestone flourish is by Zva, the sentiment is from Verve's Fairy Tales, and the punched border at the top is done with the Fiskars A-Fleur border punch. I think it's all pretty straightforward, so I'll go easy on the chatter today.

Hope you have an awesome weekend! It's pretty drizzly and dreary in my part of Virginia today. A perfect day for even more stamping!



Stamps: Fairy Tales (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream, Cosmo Cricket Everafter
Ink: Antique Linen Distress, SU Basic Grey
Accessories: Zva rhinestone flourish, Heidi Swapp rhinestones (butterfly); Scenic Route chipboard butterfly, Cuttlebug embossing border, SU Ivory taffeta ribbon, Boss Kut Vintage tag die (I modified it by trimming off the bottom and making it more narrow), Fiskars A-Fleur border punch, sewing machine

23 comments:

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is so pretty, Amy! I really love those papers! I love your interpretation of the sketch! Great details!

Denise Marzec said...

This layout and the blingy butterfly trail is AWESOME!!

Johna W said...

Wow, so pretty. I love your style!
Johna
soonerscrampin.blogspot.com

Danielle said...

Oh, this is gorgeous Amy! I love those new papers and that rhinestone flourish is just so chic! LOVE IT!!!
Hugs, Danielle

MJ said...

This is wonderful. I love the tag and those papers are great. The rhinestones are the perfect touch!

Amy Rohl said...

Butterfly-dreamy, Amy! The subtle dry embossing is so elegant and I love the rounded top (?) of the main image layer...beautious!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Oh my Amy, this is just STUNNING!!

jen del muro (iheart2stamp.com) said...

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! Love the butterfly with the rhinestone trail...perfect! Hugs-Jd

carole (TruCarMa) said...

So, so pretty, Amy! Love that crystal path and the tilty panel!

ChristineCreations said...

Wow those ARE gorgeous papers Amy, and combined so well...love the ribbon and rhinestones too!

June Houck said...

Niiiiicee papers! I love how the rhinestone flourish is the butterfly's path. Very kewl :)

Emily said...

This is a totally awesome card, Amy! I love that rhinestone flourish, the embossing and that wonderful border punch! I'm wondering why I don't own that punch myself...I'll have to remedy that:)

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy I always love your work so pretty.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is another awesome card Amy!! Beautiful! Love the DP. Your flourish and border make it so elegant!! Hope you are having a good weekend!!

Marianne said...

Hello, what a lovely card you've made!!!

greetings, Marianne

Conniecrafter said...

Your Card is Fantastic!!! love these colors and like the combo of the texture strip and the border punch!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Amy! Love the pretty papers and your border punch...that's gorgeous!

Cindy Lawrence said...

No...YOU'RE fantastic!!! This card is gooooorgeous, girl! Love every single yummy detail! :)

Mellis said...

Such nice cards
Always!

Kathy Jones said...

Ohhhhhh.....this is gorgeous!!! Love the colours, bling, butterfly and the punched border!!!

America said...

WOW Amy-what a terrific DP, CB and rhinestone combo. Great ideas here. You are a wonderful artist and a HUGE inspiration to me!! Your blog's name should be "AMAZING Pickled Paper Designs"

Libby Hickson said...

Fantastic card!!

AlienAnessa said...

Good grief, Amy, the gentleness and softness of this card are overwhelming! Superb paper choices, the ribbon, the butterfly, the blingy swirl, it's just lovely!