Thursday, December 1, 2011

Dream Big + Fun Announcement!

A little while back, I got the sweetest email from the uber-talented Chupa inviting me to be the guest muse this month over at the CASE Study challenge blog. I'm so honored! Each Thursday in December (except the 22nd), one of my cards will be featured on the CASE Study blog, along with challenge samples from the amazing CASE Study DT. You're invited to play along by uploading your own CASE of the featured card. Fun!

Here's the inspiration card for this week, a card I created in early 2010 for a fundraiser for the Haiti earthquake victims:



And here's my new take:



For my new card, I kept the basic color combo and the pair of butterflies. The original card was one of my favorites of 2010, and when I look back on it now, one thing that jumps out at me are the clean, crisp lines. These days, I tend to distress everything, so I also really wanted to CASE the clean lines of the original.

Head over to the CASE Study blog to see all the beautiful samples from the CASE Study DT! Or visit them at their personal blogs:

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey
Maureen Plut
Teneale Williams
Teresa Kline



And before I go, a huge thanks to Chupa for the honor of being guest muse. I can't wait to see all the creations!! You'll find all the details on how to participate and the linking tool HERE.

Have a great day!

 

21 comments:

Tina said...

Wow amazing & beautiful cards...lovely colors and details...simply wonderful

Tina

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

It's an honour to have YOU with us, Amy!! I'm so excited for every Thursday in December! Yippee!!

Janelle said...

Yipee! Congratulations Amy! I think I'm going to HAVE to find some time to get over to CASE Study every week. You are always an inspiration!

Andrea Ewen said...

I can't tell you how excited and happy that I am that you're joining us as our Muse for December...I about jumped out of my chair when I found out! You are such an inspiration to so many, Amy...we are so honored to have you join us!
Both of your cards are absolutely beautiful, the way you compose your designs and arrange color is second to none. I know that I am SOOO going to enjoy CASEing your cards this month at CASE Study! Thank you, thank you!

Dawn Easton said...

Congratulations Amy! You are a wonderful choice!!! I'd love to CASE your cards. You have a way with details and never seem to miss anything. Your creations are always PERFECT! Both of these cards are amazing!!!

Michelle said...

Beautiful Amy - both cards are just stunning!

Jennifer Shults said...

YAHOOOO!!! I'm so excited about this!! I so rarely get a chance to participate in that challenge but this month I'm gonna be all over. As if I NEED an excuse to CASE your gorgeous work! Really what I mean to say is IT'S ABOUT TIME!!! LOL!

I love both of this cards. I have to say my favorite is the new one. It's so bright and sunny and just gorgeous!

Marisa said...

I knew I had seen those butterflies somewhere when Chupa did the sneak peek. A huge congrats and well deserved at that :) Love the first card and the case :)

Maureen said...

oh, Amy I don't know which one I love best...so I'll love them equally. You can imagine my excitement when Chupa asked me to join the team and then announced YOU as the Guest Muse...it was meant to be :) You ALWAYS inspire me :) Hugs!

Vickie Z said...

They're both fabulous!!! Wish I had a "titch" of your creative gene (as Marissa defines it!)

Heidi said...

Well both are gorgeous!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wows! Your cards are amazing. I love the color selection.I am not surprised that you were chosen to be the muse! Oh boy...great inspiration! It's gonna be fun!

Aimes said...

I just know that I'm gonna love having you as our muse, Amy! Although our styles are very different, it's impossible not to be inspired by your creations :)
Lovin' the bold take on your own card this week!
Hugs,
Aimes
x

Kristin Eberline said...

Congratulations, Amy! Sooooo well deserved :] I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these cards. I can definitely see why Chupa chose the original as an inspiration piece, it just jumps off the page! Your palette is STUNNING and I also love the clean lines. GORGEOUS works of art, my friend ♥

cbuswell said...

Two gorgeous cards! It's going to be a wonderful December with you as our muse! All your cards are so inspiring! : )

Robin Shakoor said...

Congratulations!!! This is my favorite card of yours. The colors, the design...everything! The new take on your card is just as gorgeous!

Pet73 said...

These are both marvellous! Great sketch, wonderful choice of colours!

Beate said...

Congratulations! You deserve it. I LOVE everything you create.
Hugs and smiles

Oliwiaen said...

That Haiti card is one of my top favourites, and the new version is just equally sweet!

Laura - Layers of Color said...

Marvelous cards, Amy!!

Mihaela said...

Fabulous work!!! I love your blog, so I am a new follower.
Wish you Happy New Year!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...