Thursday, December 29, 2011

CASE Study #71 - Thank U

Belated Merry Christmas wishes! I think this has been the longest blog break I've taken in my 4+ years of blogging. Hoping you haven't all given up on me!

The last CASE Study challenge for December has been posted over on the CASE Study Challenge blog. Hope you'll check it out and play along. It's also my last week to be guest muse, an honor I've thoroughly enjoyed each Thursday this whole month. A big thanks to Chupa and her awesome team for having me join them!

Here's the card Chupa has chosen for this week's inspiration:



And here's my CASE:



Another pretty obvious CASE ... same color combo, same letter "u" die-cut, clean lines, similar elements and details. The stamps and the "u" die-cut are from Verve (You and I stamp set and the I Heart U die set). For added texture and interest, I die-cut the "u" out of red felt and dry embossed the brown background. The green die-cut is Stampin' Up's Top Note die and the white frame was done with Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and Classic Circle Nestabilities.

I can't wait to see what the amazing CASE Study design team has done! This is a seriously brilliant group of stampers:





Cheers to all!

 

Stamps: You and I (Verve Stamps) 
Paper: Papertrey Dark Chocolate, White, Aqua Mist and
Ink: Versamagic
Accessories: Verve I Heart U Die Set, Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and Classic Circle Nestabilities, Papertrey buttons and ribbon, May Arts twine, Stampin' Up Top Note die, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder, red wool felt
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

12 comments:

Dawn Easton said...

I hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Amy!!!

Love this card too! Great case study! So many wonderful elements. Love how you stamped down the side!!! Fabulous idea!

lostinpaper said...

Love how your CASE is similar but so different in many ways! Awesome idea to repeat the sentiment on the base! Love it!

Marisa said...

Loved the first one to bits and loving the second one too :) Wonderful case of yourself :)

Sunny said...

Simply cute! Certainly inspired me to submit my first CASE card. Thanks for sharing.

jen said...

Your work is amazing!?! I'm so excited to have found your site. I'm now following you. I also signed up for your email feed... Can't wait. Tfs
Hugs,Jen
jennyscards.blogspot.com

Jill W. said...

Glad you're back! SO love how you created your frame with labels 18 and the classic circle! I get the best ideas from you! Gorgeous cards!

Kapina said...

Amy ,
thank you for the kind words :) I have to tell you that it was your card that made me inspired to participate in the Case study challenge/I don't know if I should say that out loud/ And with a risk to sound like a crazy stalker I have to say- I really really like your style.

DebiJ said...

A fabulous card Amy as the muse & as the player too, & you have such a gorgeous blog! My scrapping friend Sandie put me onto CASE & I was so excited today to sit & make a card, following your inspiration.
Thank you

Carole said...

Amy, I shall miss seeing you at CASE Study. Thank you for a wonderful December of inspirations.

I wish all the best for you and yours in the coming year. HAPPY NEW YEAR dear Amy.

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Amy! Love the different dies you used and that red letter is just perfect! Happy New Year! :o)

alienanessa said...

Haven't been in here to ogle your work for a while. But this year it's my goal to each day seek some sort of inspiration that I put to use each day. I absolutely love this idea for a thank you card, so I very much appreciate the inspiration! That green, the "u" letter, and the frame are wonderful!

Mariana Grigsby said...

Hi Amy! These cards are wonderful! I love the fabulous colors and all those layers! :) Hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...