Thursday, December 8, 2011

Case Study #69 - Jingle Bells

Thank goodness for this sweet gig as guest muse for the Case Study weekly challenges, or I'm afraid I wouldn't be blogging at all this month! Love this season, but man, it is busy. I'm way further ahead with my Christmas preparations this year than I normally am, though, so that's a good thing. Except the tree, which is still making its way from the to-do list to the living room.

Here's the inspiration piece for this week's CASE Study Challenge #69:



And here's my case ...



... also known as "how to not do justice to the original." Win some, lose some!

I asked Chupa, Case study owner, if I would get kicked out for being too obvious with my case. She's graciously keeping me around the rest of the month ;)

The jingle bell image and sentiment are from Verve's new Bright Spirits set. I colored with Copics and added some glitter. The greenery is die-cut felt (die is from the Leafy Sprigs die set) stamped in Versamagic ink (coordinating stamp from Sunny Days).

Someone please tell me how I got the dry embossing to show up so well in the first photo? Just for fun, here's the new card in the old set-up:



You guys have a great week! I have lots of catching up to do from last week's challenge uploads, but I will be making my rounds. I don't want to miss a thing! Until then, thanks to all who played last week!

Please visit the Case Study Challenge blog for all the details on how to participate, plus gorgeous samples from the DT!

Case Study Challenge
Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Clare Buswell
Cristina Kowalczyk
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Julie Lacey 
Maureen Plut 
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams


 


Stamps: Bright Spirits, Sunny Days (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Versamagic Spanish Olive
Accessories: Spellbinders Labels Eighteen Nestabilities and Ribbon Banners, Verve Embossed Oval and Leafy Sprigs die set, Stampin' Up ribbon, Papertrey button, May Arts burlap string, Kaisercraft black rhinestones, Cuttlebug Seeing Spots embossing folder, foam tape adhesive, MFT felt
Size: 5 1/2" x 4 1/4"

22 comments:

Pelenaspb (Elena K.) said...

Очень красивые работы! :-)

Becky said...

Beautiful job on the case card. Love the white and polka dots.

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Haha! You put a big smile on my face, with this post :) Although I was smitten with the way the embossing shows on the first photo, I meant to say it long ago, that I'm amazed with how perfect your photos are - so detailed, with the right amount of depth and accurate colours. I WISH I could photograph so well! I have a good camera, but I'm too lazy to learn :P

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, both cards are gorgeous! The original and the case! I LOVE all that white on white. I need to CASE you so I can learn how to master this technique. When I try...it's BORING....ha!
Love the pop of colour from your image and embellishments! Fabulous girl!

Andrea Ewen said...

Completely lovely in every way! Your coloring is awesome, the design is divine and the white embossed background is the perfect medium for your gorgeous accents. This is just as beautiful as the first, but then...ahem...could it be anything less?! :)

Karen's Fun Blog said...

Wow!!! Gorgeous!!

Pam Sparks said...

I love them both but the 2nd one is so "light-hearted" festive... it's my fave of the two! I want to go copy it! So inspiring! TFS!

Annette said...

wow this is amazing...your cards are always so amazing...I love it..

Nati said...

beautiful card Xmas!!
Nati from Brazil
http://natiquill.blogspot.com

Dana said...

Both cards are AMAZING!!! Love your dimension and texture!

Oliwiaen said...

Though I love all your cards, the white card is among my all-time favourites, love its every layer and detail (that actually made me finally to but the die-cutting machine!). And I'm not disappointed by the other one - at all!

Heidi said...

Oh my gosh both of these are absolutely gorgeous: great job casing.

yyam said...

Gorgeous! I love the embossed layers and the pops of colors!

Tammy E. said...

Love, love, love!

Luv 2 Create said...

Amy, this is simply gorgeous. Your embossing/die stack is beautifully coordinated. Just love these white on white cards. Off to check out everyone elses. Happy Holidays.
Marcie

ladybugg61 said...

I must apologize, Amy, but I don't agree with your statement that you didn't do the 1st card justice. Both cards are stunningly beautiful - the first one very elegant, while the 2nd seems more "fun". Truly outstanding work.

Kathy V. said...

Well now, those are simply stop-you-in-your-tracks-BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for the inspiration and the vision of what to strive for! Lovely, lovely, lovely!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Stunning card, love the layering and pop of color! neat way to thread the ribbon too :)

Vickie Z said...

Whoa... How wonderful is this....both are so perfectly creative!!! Now... Being an expert photographer..well, I'm not going there....needs lots of help (said to myself in the mot encouraging voice!!!)

dpkennedy said...

Both of these cards are stunning! I love all of your layers...and white on white is so elegant! Gorgeous creations Amy!

wendy said...

what a gorgeous card!

reeree62 said...

Gorgeous!!! Amy, you are amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...